Here are just a few of the reasons why many businesses are employing refugees:
Refugees are fully authorized to work in the United States by the Department of Homeland Security.
Excellent Work Ethic
Having lost homes, personal property, and their career in their home countries, refugees have a strong desire to regain self-sufficiency and economic stability for their families.
Your business could qualify for certain tax credits and training incentives when you employ refugees.
Availability of Employees
Resettlement agencies have the ability to fill job openings quickly. Employers can avoid advertising costs and take advantage of our free referral services.
Skills and Experience
Refugees have a variety of work experience and skills. Many are well-educated professionals and small business owners in their home countries. Others were hard working farmers or traders.
Community & Self-Sufficiency
Hiring refugees sets them on the path to self-sufficiency, strengthening families, and the community.
Support Services Available to Employers
- Free Referral and Placement
- Free Interpretation Services
- On-site English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Opportunities
- Vocational Assessment of Skills
- All Necessary Documentation
- I-94 and W-4 Tax Form Assistance
- Employment Seminars and Skills Workshops
- Job-Specific Training
- Transportation Assistance
- Ongoing Follow-up and Support